Thursday, December 21, 2006

off we go......

Off we go to India. It's 3 days away and I can't wait. It'll be family, friends, food and fun time. We've packed 4 bags and couple carry ons. Hopefully the crazy Indian airport people won't haggle us for money or to open our bags. That's my biggest fear... but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Oh the food.... My belly and my heart are waiting to eat all the delicious foods. My heart's telling me this will be a great trip but the food will make me contempt because it's homemade food. We plan to eat the street vendor food, pakoras (fritters), khichadi (rice porridge), dahi vaadas (fritters made from lentils and yogurt), manchurian, Subway sandwich with Paneer and the list goes on and on.... (maybe I'll smuggle some back)

We're taking lots of gifts for everyone and bringing back just as much. The key difference is I'm taking a lot of junk, okay maybe not exactly junk per se, things that people want that is not useful here and bringing back hand sewn draperies, knicks knacks for the house, pillow cases and fun accessories to make my house even more pretty.

The husbad is excited. Finally. It's about damn time. He's so mellow; when I asked last week if he was ready to go, he said he wasn't sure yet. Crazy, I know. But this morning before leaving for work- we both agreed it's thrilling that it's almost here. We're leaving Monday but today and Monday don't count so that leaves 3 days. Bad math but it makes it more fun this way.

Have a great holiday and happy new year. If possible I'll blog about my trip while in India.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Wishing peace, health, and happiness in 2007 and always. Happy New year to you and your family !

Meenal Mehta said...

hey liberal foodie

have fun in India

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog - expedia hotel. A new site has been launched with plenty of bargain holidays to choose from. Bookmark http://www.bargainplace.co.uk not just for bargain holidays but for flights and transport to and from airports plus travel insurance deals and holiday clothes.